My grandmother moved into town from the farm a few years ago.
She had a lot of stuff in her shed. She didn't want it left out on the farm for someone to pillage.
So we filled our trailer and peddled some of it on the Junk Jaunt. This dresser was one of the things left. It has sat outside in the rain and shine for at least a year now. I decided it wasn't in that bad of shape.
One of my favorite features is the screen that is inside the bottom. How very clever, no mice in those drawers! I did however have to evacuate some spiders and some very unhappy wasps before I began.
I cleaned it with just water and a scrub brush and then sanded down the rough spots. It only had minimal amounts of stain and varnish left on the sides.
I then rubbed it down with tung oil. The top is a bit warped from the outdoor time and I might screw it down sometime. The three drawers were present, but only one was in complete working order. I took the front off of a second drawer and attached it to the back for added decor. I also sawed off the middle drawer board to create a shelf space. The bottom of the second drawer fits right in the bottom to make the shelf itself.
I love it! Anyone who has been in my bedroom knows its smallness. I gave my little sister my desk that I really wasn't using as a desk, just storage to make room for this beauty.
Yay! I had recently purchased the two wire baskets for my sewing space, but they work great in the bottom. I used an embroidery hoop to showcase a bit of crazy quilting that belonged to my great-grandmother. Fun times!