Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I made this scrappy rug back in 2016 for a childhood friend who does fabulous photography! Check our her work: www.katrinaleephotography.com or on Facebook.
She was able to put it to use for this precious baby photo shoot!  After she posted it another friend of mine saw it and requested a pink, cream and gray rug for her coming granddaughter!  Thanks so much for the shoutout Katrina!
It was already a week or so into January and she wanted it by February 1st...so I got crackin'!


 You can see how I made the first one HERE.





 It is fun to see these last photos in a row and watch it grow.

 I'm not a big pink fan, but I did end up having plenty of pinks for this rug.  Not having to go buy fabric sped up the process.
 I want one for myself now! So fun!


 I struggled to get the center right once again.  I sewed it into a swirl thinking it looked a bit like a rose.  The gal who ended up receiving it wanted something more.  She found a cute little flower patch and added it to the center!  It turned out even cuter!  Good idea for the future.



 See, one of these rugs looks good at the bottom of the stairs...and at the top!

 Hurray for a 2018 finish and on time!!
Alissa

Comments

  1. It's amazing! Your kitty looks so cute surrounded by all your pretty pink goodness! I'm really proud of your work and I hope you are, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fun to see it come together that quickly:)

      Delete
  2. Pretty! And what a great idea for a rug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are sooo many color options you could do with one of these!!

      Delete
  3. That is super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love these rugs and I like that you upcycled jeans for the foundation! What a sweet baby photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was fun to make. I really do want one for the bottom of my stairs :)

      Delete
  5. That rug is SEW sweet!! Better still that all the materials were in your stash. Speaking of materials... do I spy recycled denim on the back? LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great use of my stash! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. These are amazing, Alissa! They add such a pop of texture and color wherever they are, don't they!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made one a couple years ago. Like you, I couldn't find anything on the internet. I can't seem to attach a pic of it. If I figure it out I'll send one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I would love to see it!

      Delete
    2. I don't see an option for a pic and I can't seem to copy and paste here. If you want to give me your email I could do it that way. Strange I can't send here

      Delete
  8. Janice6:14 AM

    So what makes it from being slippery. I would hate for it to slide on the floor. I was just thinking of trying to make one for our bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ends up being pretty heavy. Sorry, you would have to do whatever you do for any other rug without non slip on it I guess.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous1:41 PM

    Do you have any idea how many triangles you used for this rug? I am going on a quilt retreat and want to make one then, but I want to be sure to have enough fabric with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I couldn't say. You could try counting from one of the pictures...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt