Project 366- April 11, 2008



What a day! No work today...due to blizzard outside. I prepared for work and started my car before finding out I could stay home. After turning the car off I decided to check on the baby goats. I happened to go by the pen where the longhorn cattle are...

The one that has a calf was down in the muck and not looking good. I got mom out and we spent from 7am to 9am trying to pull the poor thing up on her legs. No luck. She didn't make it and we were so cold and tired out there. Wow, my legs and back are feeling it now.

Due to the cow's death we had to bring the calf inside to defrost and then find SOMEWHERE to keep here dry. Between the calf, keeping the goats fed and protected, and trying not to freeze as the sand like snow pelted my face...I'm glad to have a warm bed tonight.

P.S. Once the wind stopped, the kids were LOVING the huge 6 ft drifts around our yard. We actually had to MAKE Quinn come inside:)


Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt