Project 366- June 17, 2008



I want to be a stay at home mom. I want to not need to worry about leaving my job to go to a job. Today was so nice to be at home. Mom babysat for a friend most of the morning. The kids had a blast playing outside in the fort. The only way she could drag them away when it was time to leave was with the promise of tomorrow's belated birthday party for Quinn.

Once the extra kiddos were gone, mom and dad hopped into their fine coach and rode off into the sunset. Okay, so really they got in the mini van and drove to Kearney for dinner and a movie. Today is their 30th wedding anniversary! Wow, I can't fathom in my mind what it is like to be married for that long. I sometimes have trouble fathoming being married at all. I am so blessed in them.

My parents and such fun and they teach me so much. I pray that they will continue to be shaped into a man and woman after God's own heart and that they would grow in their love for one another. They rock my face off!

I contemplated taking Brenna and Quinn into town for dinner and getting a movie, but opted for an afternoon and evening at home. We actually spent a lot of the evening at the school. They filled up their knapsacks with toys and such to entertain. I threw in some snacks and water and we were on our way. Well, almost...Quinn went down alone and I was so worried. I thought I'd lost the little guy. Whew!

I bought mom and dad a card table and chairs for their anniversary, but played it off as if the only thing I bought them was an ad in the paper. I had my plans. The kids and I set the table up in the middle of the living room, put a pretty table cloth on it and decorated with flowers and candles. We were almost beside ourselves waiting for them to come home for the surprise. And a surprise it was! Mom didn't even realize it was a new table and chairs until I pointed it out to her. So funny! I'm sure they will get much Bunco use and much more.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD, I LOVE YOU!!


Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt