Project 366- June 27, 2008



I woke up this morning. By 10am I was sure that I shouldn't have gotten out of bed! I'm nuts!

I kept Connie in stitches most of the day because of all the off the wall things I kept doing or the things I kept forgetting to do.

At lunch I met up with mom and took the kids home with me so she could grocery shop alone. I did the normal things, read the mail, checked my email, chatted with dad. I was half way back to town when I realized what I had forgotten to do. Can you guess? I forgot to eat lunch!!! I was already running late because I spent 15 minutes looking for my shoes. I took them off when I got home, but couldn't find them to put them back on again.

I kept slipping up on little things back at work and by 6pm Connie was ready to ship me back to my home planet. I was writing thank yous for one thing and I spelled a name wrong. Not just any name but MY NAME!! Wowsers. I wanted to finish something up, but finally Connie said GO HOME:)

I managed to get to the grocery store, get mom's forgottens and drive home without harming anyone. Surprising, I know. I didn't do much back at home either. I just finished a book and went to bed. I did remember to eat supper though;)

Mom showed me a book she got for one of the kids' curriculum' and I love it. Here is the last page: "When I was young in the mountains, I never wanted to go to the ocean, and I never wanted to go to the desert. I never wanted to go anywhere else in the world, for I was in the mountains. And that was always enough." This is how I feel about the prairie, about the middle-of-nowhere Nebraska. Other than my heavenly home which I long for, I am happiest here in Nebraska, "The Good Life!"


Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt