Project 366- June 9, 2008



When I get to work at 7:30am it takes me a few minutes to want to see anyone or talk to anyone. Usually I psyche myself up for it and after the first greeting it is no problem to see numerous faces come and go. Today was not so. I had a case of the "Monday blues." I wasn't necessarily sad, I just didn't really have any desire to make conversation and smile and be cheery and all. It was a good day to sit in the back office and enter mindless numbers into a spreadsheet.

Amidst the dreariness of the mood a ray of sun shone through as I remembered some prayer requests for the day. I went on to pray for the patients in the waiting room and the ones who would be soon to arrive. It was a freeing type of prayer and I felt a little cheerier afterward.

I went against my penny pinching wisdom and drove home for lunch. I'm so glad that I did. The kids, mom and I took a picnic lunch of tuna sandwiches out to the lawn. The sun was so warm that I just wanted to roll out of the cool shade and curl up in its embrace. Alas, I had to return to work.

The Lord is faithful this I'm sure and He cheered me even in a dreary day.


Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt