Project 366- May 31, 2008



The beauty of Nebraska in the late spring and early summer is unexplainable! I love it! Today was absolutely gorgeous! I spent the entire day outside. I mowed the rest of the yard, did part of it last night. I actually found part of the front lawn that I had completely missed:S

Dad built a couple of raised bed boxes for mom to put in the garden. Today while she worked off and on, Dad and I mixed all the "ingredients" for the soil to go in them. By "ingredients" I mean, cow manure, sheep manure, chicken manure, horse manure, peat moss, and sand. We had to layer it in heaps on a giant tarp and then mix it around with shovels. Finally, we filled up the garden cart and shoveled it into the boxes. Let me tell you, my arms, shoulders and back were SCREAMING!!

I washed my bedding! My college roommate would snicker if she saw me post that, she never thought I washed my bedding enough. Hmmm. Anywho...my quilt looked so quaint and fabulous against the greens and the blues. I love that quilt and I must say I'm proud of that accomplishment:)

Praise the Lord for the beauty He created in nature!


Alissa

P.S. I went into the the movie at 9:30pm with LeeAnn Morgan. Made of Honor was playing...typical chick flick, it was ahn, okay.

Comments

  1. I love the clothesline picture! IT is so beautiful!!!

    Made of Honor? Awwww...I thought it was so cute---but maybe I mostly liked it b/c I like Patrick Dempsey (wink wink) and I love Scotland!

    Thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt