Project 366- August 14, 2008


Oooo, isn't this new and exciting! How do you like the new picture setup? Let me know if it is too weird and confusing.
Today was a nice day to be a Garden Center employee. Not really different than most days there, but I was given a list of tasks which to were be completed. I really do appreciate knowing what is expected of me.

I met up 4 wonderful ladies at Emily's for lunch. Amelia's friends Jenny and Melinda were here for a visit and I had yet to meet them. So glad that I got the opportunity to, although it was short...it was sweet:)

Speaking of sweet, the M&Ms were my college sending gift to Clara and Amelia. They leave tomorrow for the hills of South Dakota. Somehow I will survive:) Hehe, doesn't Clara's sandwich look yummy? Forgive the half opened eyes...she's a pro at that talent. Right as you snap the picture she is quick to squint her eyes half way;) Just kidding.

If you thought the M&Ms looked sweet, check out what we all had for dessert. It is a HUGE brownie sundae and just enough for 5 lunch filled tummies. It also has been deemed todays Project 366 picture:) There was the snapping of pictures the majority of our lunch hour together and yet I managed to get away without a single group picture. How did that happen?!


One of my tasks today was to bring the rest (meaning all but 5) of the pottery back inside. I wouldn't normally quake at this task, but...as soon as I returned from lunch I began feeling achy in the joints:S The pots are huge and I just wanted to go lay down. It however passed and I sweated away hauling them to and fro.

After that a lady showed up and wanted bulk mulch. Fine, but Ray was in Callaway today and that means no one to run the bobcat. Don't even look at me, I haven't the slightest clue how. So this kind lady and I shovelled 18-5 gallon buckets into the back of her pickup...more sweat.

It was a good day. In the end I got a lot done at the GC and also finished my book, Around The World In Eighty Days, and had some free thought time to spare.

Most of the day was rather cloudy and subdued. Aren't clouds amazing? Tomorrow it is off to Omaha. I'm going to visit a few friends and then on Saturday I have an all day conference for work...Medicare...blek!

Alissa

Comments

  1. I dig the new photo layout! I just realized I could start a new game. I should look at all the photos before I read the text and try to guess which one is the project 366 photo!

    Hope you enjoy Omaha!

    -Trav

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a picture of four of us, but I think Clara has the pic of all five of us. I'm going to be posting those pictures on my blog hopefully in the next day or two, so feel free to look at 'em and steal if you so choose. :-)

    I'm SO glad we got to meet you! I wish we could've spent more time together though. Both Melinda and I agreed that you seem like someone who would be fun to hang out with even if there was nothing to do--you'd make the fun! LOL :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw, if you need to contact me, my email address is coljefferson at roadrunner.com.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt