Project 366- August 20, 2008

Project 366 picture:
I love getting new fabric! Isn't it beautiful blowing in the breeze, ahem wind. It was a very blustery day and the fabric was dry in no time. That is a good thing, because washing new fabric drives me insane. I get all excited for a new project and head into it with both guns only to realize...I still have to wash my fabric:S
Today I began a quilted purse in black and white prints. I decided to accent it with some handkerchief like red print as well. I love new projects. I'm actually hoping to make some things to sell at the Junk Jaunt and perhaps other venues. I really like to make things and a girl can only fit so much into one bedroom in her parent's basement;



Our calf, the orphan, Sugar...is getting so big! Mom has been staking her out to help with mowing patrol. It is so cute, she just follows right along after mom. Today she was actually kicking up her heals a bit as she went. It was funny too when she'd get going too fast and mom would have to pull her back around:)
As I worked on my project today I also got to go to school. Wednesday is History and we talked about the peoples of native Australia and New Zealand. It was so interesting! For "show and tell" Brenna read us a book all about Tasmanian Devils from the island of Tasmania off the southern part of Australia. Mom has actually scheduled History, Art and French on my days off so that I can take part and continue learning.
This evening was the Neigh Burrs 4-H Club 1st Annual Working Ranch Horse Competition. Whew! That is quite a name! Basically the kids all learned how to cut out a steer from the group and move it through a certain pattern. After the learning of this skill they had a little competition. Following the event was FOOD!
The deviled eggs pictured however, were not a part of our lovely little meal. Sterling was first accused of snatching all the eggs off the table, but it does seem that the dog likes deviled eggs too. Sterling snitched one, but no one else had the pleasure of dining on them.
Brenna is such a trooper. Peanut was being difficult, the steer was being difficult, but she kept trying and trying. I know by that point I would have been in tears and not finished. She did have a few tears, but only because she didn't get to finish the pattern. She would have tried all night to finish I think. We were running out of time though. Such an amazing little sister I have.
Quinn had a great time too. He and Charlotte are such pals these days. They have had a grand time playing in numerous piles of dirt, sticks and rocks during 4-H activities. I believe a good time was had by all. The wind was a bit bothersome when it brought dirt to the teeth, but we survived.

Alissa

Comments

  1. You'll have to post some of your finished stuff before you sell it off. Especially purses. I just finished my first purse but wasn't overly pleased with the pattern so I need to do some more experimenting with different patterns.
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, there's my little Charlotte. I talked to her on the phone that night and she told me all about playing with Quinn, who is a "nice boy."

    I also heard about the eggs...

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt