Project 366- August 27, 2008

What a full and lovely day at home:) I was once again a productive woman and began my third project while carrying on with my second. The new one is a wall quilt with appliqued cherries on it. The design is absolutely delicious...no pun intended:)
If I'm going to continue on in this fashion, I do believe I'm going to need a new system or some new fingertips. I get so pricked and sore while quilting. I've found a thimble that almost fits comfortably on one hand but I'm not sure there is much hope for the other. Ouch!
Mom was busy too! Our little corn patch did so well that we had to put some up for later!! Yahoo, for homegrown frozen corn! Mom got 16 quart bags full. She was so exhausted when she got done. The nap was well deserved afterwards. Thanks mom for all your hard work:)


Before starting the corn mom did the morning school subjects. Wednesday is history and today we learned about the Franks. We learned all about Clovis and how his empire became present day France. And so, after history I was in charge of the history activities/crafts.
First we went for the wigs. The time we are studying was a time of long hair. The barbarians did take the customs of some that they overthrew and began cutting their hair and shaving. Anywho...
Doesn't Brenna look great in her wig?:) She went for the pigtail look.
We also made capes. I love the capes. We used wonder under to fuse on the flur de lis emblem on the back. That was the symbol of royalty:)
So now that you have a cape, what do you do? YOU DUEL!!!! Project 366 picture: Brenna and Quinn put their helmets (boxes) on and began with a sword fight. So funny. It looks like Brenna has a gob of cooked spaghetti hanging in front of her face:)
Later after supper they moved on to jousting...yes jousting on their bicycles. I'm sure that there is quite an element of danger and possible disfigurement in jousting on one's bicycle. They survived and had a great time doing it. Quinn had a stick that was twice his height, nuts!
Mom, Dad, the dogs and I watched on. Who needs a tv when you have entertainment like this outside your front door. Forget the Olympics. Sir Quinn would defeat them all anyway. Hahaha, isn't he fabulous!! They had me cracking up with the things they said and did. Oh, kids:)

Alissa






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt