Project 366- August 3, 2008



No Sunday afternoon nap today. The Custer County Fair is officially here. Peanut was brought in to her wonderfully decorated stall first off this afternoon. We got all the tack and such situated, did some more decorating and such. I got to use my handwriting abilities for several purposes. Molly tagged along with us and had a ball. She loves to go and it reminds me so much of Kea. Kea always was up for a ride with the family:)

All the dads were busy rigging up fans for their horse stalls. Seth and Hannah's dad worked and worked to get the electric cord across the ceiling to the other stalls. He suddenly started laughing and shared with us that he had just rigged up two fans in the same stall without even realizing it:) Oops!

After Brenna washed Peanut we went up to the Methodist church stand and had some supper. It was 102 degrees out at one point today and it didn't make me hungry in the slightest. Not to mention that the burgers were a little pinker than I like. We got to cruise the project entries then. Brenna's cupcakes got Reserve Best of Show:) Yay!

Right before we were heading out Margaret and Clara were getting ready to wash Reginald. We'll just say that Reginald doesn't appreciate water on his hiney. Mom and I stuck around so we could help if need be. I ended up holding Reginald. I was wearing flip-flops and he tried to nibble my knuckles but we survived, I'm pretty stubborn:) Hurray for fair and for the many memories that are flooding through my brain.


Alissa

Comments

  1. THANK YOU ALISSA! I appreciate you holding the horse more than I can say. You're a wonderful, wonderful peach and I'm so glad you're my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt