Project 366- September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day! For all of those who still had to work, thank you. I hope you get a break very soon.
Our family headed out of town which doesn't usually happen on holidays. Dad had the day off as well and so we headed to Stuhr Museum. I love Stuhr Museum. I just want to kick people out and live in Railroad Town. I think it would be a fabulous place to work!

After checking out the indoor exhibit about Vittles we headed to the train. Last year we came down twice, but we have yet to get to take a look in the train. We bought a family membership so we can come again and we can get into the Hastings Planetarium for free!!
Back to the train...very cool.

Quinn thought it was hilarious that the toilet led nowhere. You looked down and all you saw was the track:) Oh, little boys:)
It really was a fun time. This weekend was a "Back to School" weekend for the museum, but it wasn't really that busy.
At one house Brenna learned how to wash laundry with a washboard. She is now asking if we can keep one of Grandma's old ones out of the shed. I love looking in the old houses, my favorite is the farmhouse. Most had a treadle sewing machine. It made me antsy to get mine home so I can clean it up and check it out!!
The Railroad Town school was open and Brenna loved it. She "went to school" three times. Dad helped her out with this game at "recess" while I helped her with the stilts:)
Quinn took a bit of warming up to enjoy the school, but eventually he was coloring and writing on his slate with everyone else.
He and Brenna made icicles again in the tinshop. The "tinman" is so nice. He is just one of those older men that makes you smile. I bet he's a great grandpa.


This here is the example mom made me take pictures of. She thinks we could build a chicken house like this pretty well. Dad was getting elbowed all the way past;)
I bought some batting and more fabric at Hobby Lobby! I think I'm addicted. We stopped at the weekly garage sale in Ansley on the way home. Look what I found!! I've always wanted a coat tree and now I have one. It is pretty solid too!

Mom got her toy at Hobby Lobby. The kids are going to study the stars pretty soon so she wanted a telescope to actually see them better. I am just as excited as she and the kids. Stars are awesome. What an amazing God He is!!

Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt