Project 366- October 26, 2008

After picking the fabulous apples yesterday, I was inspired. This morning I rolled up my sleeves and produced this scrumptious apple pie. It has a crumb crust on top which makes for extra yumminess.

Amelia and Clara were here for the weekend. It was so nice to see them and chat with them at church and potluck and THEN at our house. You see, Brenna had her party this afternoon. We had a house full of giggly, dressed up girls.
Project 366 picture: There was cake and ice cream. The "theme" for her party was books. Brenna: "I just adore books." So she got book cake out of the deal.
And there were gifts. We tried out the state game tonight after all the girls had left/been delivered at home. You can see too, the crowns that they made. Josie's cracked me up, it reads "the Queen of Queens."

Arthur might be a tad spoiled after today. He got held and cuddled an awful lot. Teya was holding him and he fell asleep in her lap. She nearly missed some of the festivities because she was afraid to wake him. So sweet.
We took a drive through the hills to deliver some girls at home. It was quite a scenic ride. We saw a herd of turkeys parade across the rode, 3 deer slowed our progress and we saw at least 10 other deer from a distant in the fields and pastures. It was a lovely drive.
In other news: It was WINDY today. I'm not sure I've ever seen/felt/heard wind quite like it...and this is NEBRASKA!
Alissa

Comments

  1. I think you mean "Qeen of Qeens," right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous of the apples...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I just saw the Compassion ad! What a great idea! Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt