Project 366- December 14, 2008

Quite a change in the weather today. Brrrrrr! Yesterday it got up to 50 degrees and today it never got above 0 at our house. The wind chill was actually said to be -50 degrees.
We didn't venture into town for church. It was only snowing a bit, but seemed a bit silly to go out in that if we didn't have to. I'm glad we had the ladies thing yesterday and got to see them all. Arthur enjoyed having us home:)
I for one had a great time of prayer and reading of God's Word this morning. It was very humbling and refreshing. I have so many sin issues and I try so hard to plug ahead on my own. My pride causes me stress and I'm actually sending the message that He, that Christ is not enough. He is enough and today I let go. It will be a process as always, but I let go. Praise the Lord for His Word and His timing. I even got out my guitar which hasn't probably been touched in 9 months and sang a few songs with the kids.
Poor dad had to work outside in that cold. He was happy for a nice cup of hot stuff when he got home! I saved him one chore by bringing in more firewood. My glasses kept frosty over, not fogging mind you, frosting! I was so hot and sweaty from working hard out in the cold, such a ironic thing.
December Photo Project:

Tonight we got around to taking our photos for our new tradition. We have a wall thing that says Christmas Blessings and around it we have a black and white photo of each of us with a santa hat on. Last year was the first year we did it and obviously some family members aren't present to do it along with us. Here we are:

Project 366 picture:




Tonight we watched a "documentary" on 8 kids who went to the National Spelling Bee, it was really interesting!
Alissa

Comments

  1. Is Brenna really crying or just being a goof? I'm hoping goof!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt