Away From Civilization

I love you people, really I do, but...I am never happier than when out in the open nature of central Nebraska. Last weekend we spent an afternoon in just that fashion. It was so loverly.
The trip did have a purpose and we did succeed in that mission. Woodcutting once again. I must admit that the lovely day did distract me from being as much help:S
I will applaud mom for her wood slinging skills in my stead:) Whilst the parentals were working hard together, Quinn and I went on an "adventure"(Brenna was in town at a friends house).
Quinn loves these trips as much as I do and kept dragging me up or down some hillside. I forget that they aren't growing up in quite the same fashion as I did.
When I was his age I spent every nice day, outside of those in the classroom, out and about the pastures surrounding our home. I loved building forts, playing make-believe, swimming in forbidden creeks, living with only my imagination to guide me:)
Quinn and I were able to do that on this trip, or "adventure" as he labeled it. We walked quite a ways. The walk took us all the way to a windmill we'd seen far off from our adventure's beginning. Once again I was shown the differences in our childhood surroundings. He'd never seen a windmill up close! He didn't know why the second tank at said windmill was down lower than the first. Hehe, we had a windmill less than 100ft from our backdoor when I was young.
We had such a jolly good time, I wish I could "hide out" in someone's pasture. Hmmm, that solitude would suit me.
Alissa





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt