My Quilts

I have found over the past few years and months that I greatly enjoy quilting. It is so neat to see all the little pieces come together into a work of art. Here are some I have created:

Please try to look past the tantalizing beauty of a summer day when you look at this one. Wow, it's cold out. This was my first quilt. I made it entirely on my own. I did however, fail to read the finished size and so when the top was finished, I was amazed at its size! It is beautiful and now it is upon my bed:)
This wallhanging matches another wallhanging and the quilts that I made for Brenna and Quinn's beds. The other is a cowgirl:)
For Christmas this past year, I did several quilt projects. This here was a wall hanging kit I bought on clearance. I made it for my friend Clara and also a pink one for my friend Amelia.
This was the BIG quilt project for Christmas 2008. I made it for my 1 yr old nephew. I love The Very Hungry Caterpillar and had a blast making this one.
I actually started this wallhanging back in September. I was intending on selling it at the Junk Jaunt, but...I got started and liked it so much I stopped. This one I'm keeping for myself.
I recently bought a book with some new quilt patterns in it. I've tried the one out but it is just the top for now. Perhaps I'll share it in the future, as well as the heirloom sunbonnet Sue quilts:)
Alissa


Comments

  1. Oh I'm glad to see the caterpillar quilt. I knew you were making it and had been anxious to see how it turned out. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, liss! your quilts are so cool! I didn't know you were getting all into quilts too!!! That's awesome! How are you doing friend?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt