God's Presence.

I'm loving our ladies Friday morning Bible study. I've been using it as my quiet time. This past week we looked at God's Ompnipotence. There you go, one of the "omni-" words you often hear when learning about God. I've heard it and known it the majority of my life. But I'm constantly amazed at the Spirit's revealing new things to my heart. I love having things I "know" in my head, translate to my heart and daily life.
Have you ever thought about the presence of God, that Jesus Christ is everywhere? Check out Psalm 139:7-12, you cannot go where God is not! Knowing that ALL of God, not just a part of Him, is EVERYWHERE, ALL the time is astounding. It was cool to remind myself of that as I went through my daily tasks. Mopping the floor, while moping about a "bad" day, I realized, "Hey, God's right here and He's helping me...STOP moping." Who is like Him? NO ONE!
Hmmm...

Alissa

Comments

  1. Have you read The Shack yet? While the book is not meant to be a literal interpretation of Scripture, it does have some great thoughts on the character of God. One of the big things I took away from it is how ever present God is in our lives, even in the midst of the bad things. The Shack tells the story of a father whose life is in shambles after his young daughter is kidnapped and murdered. The father receives a mysterious note from God, asking him to meet God in the shack where his daughter was killed. The meeting between God and the father is the focus of the book as the father struggles to relate to a God who allowed this terrible thing to happen to his daughter. There is a wonderfully vivid picture painted of God's presence with the daughter throughtout the kidnapping and murder; for me it just struck me how present God is but how often I discount His presence. The book is a great read if you haven't read it. I actually wasn't all that impressed right after I read it. But then as time when on and the things in it started to sink in, I really decided I liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt