What I Want For Christmas...



Dear Friends,
I write to you to share an amazing opportunity. I live in such a rich country, but so many are not so lucky. 1 in 4 of the world's children are living in extreme poverty. Many poor children receive little or no education and often struggle every day with hunger, poor health, low self-esteem, neglect and abuse. What, may you ask can you do about that? You can change the life of a child by becoming a Compassion sponsor.
The summer of 1998 I took the step to reach out to a child who had these needs. I was only a freshmen in highschool with limited funds, but a child needed me. And now I'm going on the 12th year of sponsoring a young girl from Peru. I am able to learn about her life, her heart, and how my sponsorship is blessing her...through letters. The pictures she draws are so cute:) What an amazing blessing it has been to be a part of her life, her family. Most importantly she is given the opportunity to hear about Christ's love for her.
All that being said...here is the opportunity. I have taken a "Christmas child" this season to find a sponsor. This is a great honor and I feel responsible for finding someone to pray for, encourage, love and support this little girl. Her name is Bizuhayo Tesfaye and she is from Ethiopia. She lives with her mother and father, her father is only sometimes employed as a laborer. Bizu has 2 siblings and will soon turn 4. Her 4th birthday is Monday December 14th.
What an amazing birthday and Christmas present it would be for her to receive a sponsor! Think about it friend, pray about it. Thank you for your time.
In Christ,
Alissa
P.S. Contact me for more information or check out www.compassion.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt