Reading Through God's Word

My sibs and I have been reading through the Bible this year, a few chapters each day. It seems like just yesterday we started and here we are only 3 chapters from finishing!! I'm glad that we were able to stick with it and accomplish the goal.
I didn't take on the project just to say I did it, but to make the habit of being in the Word each day. Now, granted we didn't make it every day, we had some catch up times. What a blessing it was to do this as an example to the kids of the importance of time in God's Word. I loved it when Bren would read too, hearing the words from a child's mouth almost gave them new meaning.
Awhile back we were reading Hebrews. We zipped through the book in a couple days, but I just wanted to sit and reread and glean from that book. It just starts off so well...

"In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs. "
--Hebrews 1:1-4

Jump into the Bible in the New Year, God's got great things to tell you:)

Alissa

Comments

  1. I am so proud and happy for you guys that you stuck out the year! It was such a tremendous blessing for our family and I'm sure it was for you guys, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm considering tackling it in 2010, it is good to know even the little ones can handle. Guess I don't have an excuse!

    -Travis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt