A Trek For A Tree.

Family traditons, we all have one. I have fought to keep one of ours alive. We have always gone out to a pasture and picked a cedar tree for Christmas. It is what we do... One year we bought a live tree and it just wasn't the same. Part of the fun is the trek out into God's beautiful creation to hunt down the right one. And hey, I know the landowner is quite happy that we always cut down more than one pesky cedar!
This year's trip was no different...all fun:) It did require some intense straight up hill climbing.
The kids were interested in this "Charlie Brown" looking specimen:)
Dad, however, meant business. Here we have tree number one down.
Here comes tree number two.
"Which one do you guys want?!" Hehe, lookin' good, dad.
Mom told the kids they could find a small one for the school room too. The meandered off in search and we cut some wood. We...I guess I should say, dad cut some wood. Mom and I merely tossed it about;)
Mom picked this one;) And down it came!
After woodcutting it was back at it for the small tree. This was truly tree number five or six.
And I believe it was tree number eight that we actually took with us.
Good job, dad! We hit a new record with all those trees I think.
I'll let you in on the final presentation at another time;)
Alissa

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt