Reading Friends.


I love to read! It is so nice to slip into another time and place for a bit. Movies can do the same, but how lovely it is to decide for yourself what the characters look like, sound like and how the places they see are to you. I just finished At Home in Mitford for the second time.
Reading about Mitford again was like visiting old friends. I laughed a lot and kept reading bits out loud for everyone else to enjoy. Such good books, I can hardly wait to start #2, A Light in the Window.
What I had forgotten was how sound they are to read. Jan Karon doesn't beat around the bush...she shares her faith through Father Tim in a real way. I appreciate that about these books.
Quote:
"I figure what can y' lose? Jesus said, 'Verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me hath everlasting life.'
"Well sir, what if that's a lie? If it's a lie, then you live in sin, and die in sin, and the worms consume y'r flesh, anyway. But if it's the' God's truth, like he says it is, you win. Y'r sins are forgiven, you get a clean start, and when you die, you live for eternity.
"It seems t' me that's a deal a man cain't pass up. Number one, it's free. Number two, you caint lose." Homeless grinned happily. "it's a good feelin'. Kind of like I've found a home."
Quote:
"Oh, pshaw, you're so modest. You never give yourself enough credit, in my opinion. You don't ramble at all, you get right to the point, and it's always God's point, as far as I can see. But, you know what I appreciate more than your sermons?"
"What's that?"
"The fact that you love us. Yes, that's enough for me, that you love us."
Anyway, they are very good and refreshing. I'd recommend them to anyone:)
Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt