A Merry Christmas Day

We hosted Christmas Day this year.
Dad had to work that morning so having it at our house made it simpler.
We had lots of food:) I stayed up on Christmas Eve making a homemade cheesecake with strawberry sauce. FYI, don't start a homemade cheesecake at 10:30pm;) It was late when I got to bed. Well, grandma brought a cherry cheesecake too. We'll just say that cheesecake was on the menu for a few breakfasts the rest of the week! Haha.
The kids played well together. Kenson and Conleigh both enjoyed Quinn's new Playmobil viking ship!
There were gifts exchanged.
We had to wake this girly up in order to do gifts.
She's pretending to sleep on her new doctor kit...in order to discourage her brother from looking at it.
Somewhere along the way I ended up with a sock monkey and sock elephant kit.
I decided to make them up as gifts. I knew that the elephant would become the butt of some of the day's jokes.
It looked more like an anteater or something. Derek was most perplexed.
I tried to do gifts that would benefit those in need as well as the gift receiver.
Jared's cowboy magazine box held diapers! Hehe, that caused some giggles as well.
I made cloth diapers to send to one of the organizations in Haiti. So I well be sending them in his name:)
We played a game of Mexican Train Dominoes.
Conleigh was my helper.
And the house was kept nice and warm by Grandma's yule log. :)
Happy New Year!
Alissa

Comments

  1. looks like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are not amazed in the least at the elephant. To them, it's just another stuffed animal to love on. It's a bit like knitting a scarf that turns out 8 feet long; it's the thought that counts even if it is good for a laugh. And for the record, I would have eaten your strawberry cheesecake. (Grandma's is a box mix with canned cherries. Edible and yummy? Yes. But it pales in comparision to yours!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt