Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day Productivity.

We were supposed to go to Lincoln on Sunday. But, the snow came and we weren't even able to go to church. I was so productive!
I started out deciding on a sashing fabric for my strip piece quilt blocks.
This was choice #1: rather subtle yellow.
This was choice #2: a bright canary yellow.
I decided that the blocks were already bright and crazy so I might as well continue with the bright theme. #2 was the winner and I think it turned out as a great choice. Now I just need to come up with another outer border and some backing!! (the sashings were going to be wider but I didn't have quite enough fabric.)
I actually finished this next project late Saturday night so that Quinn could wear it Sunday. He did wear it just not out of the house:)
He has been pestering me for months to make him a suit jacket. His inspiration came from some cool matching silver buttons I had. I had a pattern but lacked the fabric until I had the idea of using some of my saved up denim.
Here is the finished product:
The vent only pulls open like this when he shoves his hands down in the pockets.
He is such a goober:) The pattern was a size 10 and it fits just right, he can't grow much though.
I used this fun English Countryside fabric for the lining. The sleeves I left unlined. My lining pieces were not fitting the way I wanted so I just left them out.
I purchased a couple of pre-cut 5 in. squares at the Cozad quilt shop on a little trip I took with friends last month. Being already cut, this top went really fast.
I'm in love with the way this little quilt is turning out.
And finally I finished the binding on our new tree skirt.
I made this the day after we returned from NV. However, I didn't finish the binding.
Yes, it went under the tree and served its purpose...unfinished.
I'm glad to have it done and put away for next year:)
The fabric for this, except the solid looking green, were purchased at the same quilt shop on the same trip. Such loverly fabrics:)
I'm not much of one for applique, but I sucked it up and put ornaments in the green sections.
Ahhh, what a productive day:)
I didn't have to go to work yesterday due to the snow.
Unfortunately, I was not quite as productive. We'll see how today goes...another day off because of no MOPS.
Alissa

2 comments:

  1. Like all of it, of course! I'm so glad to see the string quilt. I love the idea and have a bag just for skinny little strips. (And i have a huge bag of velour/velvet pieces that I keep thinking might make their way into such a quilt.) Did I tell you I got a new sewing machine? It's really nice. Lots of decorative stitches and it embroiders too! I just made a hat/scarf set which I really like but have to finish putting on the finishing touches.

    ReplyDelete