Half-Square Triangles, Anyone?

It is FEBRUARY!!!  That means new block of the month patterns with Craftsy!!  Hurray!  You should join up, it's free.
This month's blocks involve two different ways to make half-square triangles.
I'm using Around The Town fabric I received as a birthday present.  It was/is done by Connecting Threads.  Love that company!  Anywho, here are my blocks, the Balkan Puzzle Piece Block and the Chunky Chevron Block:
Half-square triangle quilts seem to be the plan for my week.  I made this fun, bird quilt top a few weeks ago using a quilt kit from Connecting Threads.  I had a bunch of triangle pieces left over so I made them into half-square triangles.
So, using my new knowledge of half-square triangles I began arranging and rearranging the pieces.  I could do this: 
 Or this:
 Oh, or bear paws!
 Then I thought about doing each block a different one.
 Or a small chevron quilt.
 Hmm, who knew there would be so many possibilities!
 The last one I came up with was this little baby bear paw quilt...and I decided I liked all the options.  So, why not go with the one I already had laying out on the table.
 Now I have another decision.  What color should I use for the sashing:S?
Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt