Getting Things Made and Feeling Older:S

I made an green ogre hat awhile back.  It was for the hospital group that got my other hats...but I forgot to take it in on the deadline.  Ansel saw it on skype and is now looking forward to wearing it!  I decided then that using a brown yarn I could alter the pattern and make a teddy bear hat!  Here is what I came up with:
We then received an invite to a sweet little girl's 1st birthday party.  Yes, the hat is a bit big for her now. 
 Time flies, this is the me feeling older part.  My mom babysat this little girl's mom when she was a little baby.  Fact is, I remember going to her mom's 1st birthday!  It was so fun to be a part of her special day.  She's a great mommy.
 I finished my March Craftsy blocks a few weeks ago, here they are:
Strip Piece block.
 Broken Spider Web block.
 I'm not doing real well at NOT starting anything new without finishing something:S  Mom checked out The Farmer's Wife quilt sampler book from the library.  Hmm, after reading all the letters from 1920s farmers' wives and crying over their wonderfulness...I broke down and started making some blocks.
These are my first two, and I'm actually piecing them by hand.  I've never tried that before and I'm finding that it isn't too much slower and it is easier for me to be precise this way.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to ALL hand piecing in the future.  I thought it was fitting to do this one this way.

Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt