I became an aunt again back in June. It is another nephew for me!
I almost had the quilt done in time for his arrival, but hadn't mailed it out to them yet.
Here are a few shots of the finished product.
I used the Mastermind fabric line from Connecting Threads. I also used their Kit Builder for the first time. It was super easy to use and I didn't have to do a bunch of calculating to find out the amount of each fabric I needed. It was their Rolling Pins pattern.
Quinn was helping me out for the photographing. It was a blustery day, so we had a bit of trouble getting it flat. Hurray for fun finishes.
I hit the jackpot a few weeks ago, as far as fabric and notions is concerned. A sweet friend told me they had all of her mother-in-law's sewing/quilting stuff. She wanted to know if I would like to go through it!
Well, the backseat of my car and the trunk were full....
Here it is prior to sorting.
Once I had it all sorted and put nicely in totes I was a little concerned...
....where to put it all:S
No fear, I was able to find a spot for it all:)
So far, I've used this item the most. Who knew I was missing out so much by not having a handy dandy wrist pincushion!
I prepared all of these blocks to work on while on our little vacation. They are more of the Farmer's Wife quilt blocks. I only finished 3 and 1/2 on the actual trip:)
I finished my Craftsty BOM blocks for September on Tuesday. It was another first for me...curved piecing. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be. I'm still loving these fun fabrics I chose!
Well, it is now time to battle the Junk Jaunt traffic and make our way to the Scarecrow Patch! Hurray!