New Quilt For A New Nephew

I became an aunt again back in June.  It is another nephew for me!
I almost had the quilt done in time for his arrival, but hadn't mailed it out to them yet.
Here are a few shots of the finished product.
I used the Mastermind fabric line from Connecting Threads. I also used their Kit Builder for the first time.  It was super easy to use and I didn't have to do a bunch of calculating to find out the amount of each fabric I needed.  It was their Rolling Pins pattern.
Quinn was helping me out for the photographing.  It was a blustery day, so we had a bit of trouble getting it flat.  Hurray for fun finishes.
I hit the jackpot a few weeks ago, as far as fabric and notions is concerned.  A sweet friend told me they had all of her mother-in-law's sewing/quilting stuff.  She wanted to know if I would like to go through it!
Well, the backseat of my car and the trunk were full....
Here it is prior to sorting.
Once I had it all sorted and put nicely in totes I was a little concerned...
....where to put it all:S
No fear, I was able to find a spot for it all:)
So far, I've used this item the most.  Who knew I was missing out so much by not having a handy dandy wrist pincushion!
I prepared all of these blocks to work on while on our little vacation.  They are more of the Farmer's Wife quilt blocks.   I only finished 3 and 1/2 on the actual trip:)

I finished my Craftsty BOM blocks for September on Tuesday.  It was another first for me...curved piecing. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be.  I'm still loving these fun fabrics I chose!
Well, it is now time to battle the Junk Jaunt traffic and make our way to the Scarecrow Patch!  Hurray!

Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt