Window Panes Christmas Quilt

Awhile back I decided that I needed to make Travis and Michelle a quilt.  They were married before my quilting "fever" had caught.
I saw this quilt on crazy mom quilts blog and was inspired.  She used a line of Connecting Threads fabric which I had actually purchased, just because.
 It was so pretty and on sale once, so I became the proud owner of 2, 10 in stacks.  Here was a project for that fabric.
 I love how it turned out :)  I don't do well at thinking through my backing when I begin a quilt.  This quilt required a lot of digging and arranging.  Hehe, some of it is even part of a skirt Brenna decided she didn't want anymore.
 I purchased a quilting Craftsy class for machine quilting large quilts on a small machine.  I chose to do this one where I sandwiched and quilted it in sections and then hooked the sections together.
 Another new experience was the quilting itself.  I decided to try my hand at free-motion quilting with my treadle machine.  I know it isn't near perfect, but I love the way it looks.  It wasn't smooth sailing for the first section.  My thread broke every time I headed in one direction.  Thankfully it was an easy fix once I found it.  I learned the importance of using the correct needle for the thickness.

This was their Christmas present.  Now that they have it, I decided to share :)
Alissa

Comments

  1. There is nothing like a pile of quilts on a bed to keep you warm. Yours went on the top, and we are very comfy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt