Another Day of Rewarding Markers

Mom and Brenna's conference was not as long the second day.  I also had to figure out how to get a wedding gift to a friend before I could leave Lincoln.  These created a bit more pressure to get on the go and find the markers on my list.
The first one I had actually decided to forego.  I am not the most familiar with driving in Lincoln and didn't relish driving around in it a lot.  But in my quest to get out of Lincoln I happened to drive right by Bryan LGH and spot the marker.  Yay!

It is a beautiful old home!
Sooo, next on my list was Denton and once out of Lincoln I found this wonderful turn onto Denton Rd.  Only problem, 1/4 mile down said road it told me the road was closed :S  Arg.  I decided to press on to Beatrice and try to pick up Denton on my return.
Hurray, I made it!
Drove through Wymore and stopped to take a picture of their old schoolhouse.
Next up, Barneston.  Sorry, Barneston, I didn't actually come into town.  I actually got to this sign quasi-illegally again.  There was a new bridge being put in and they had a light to control the one lane traffic.  I could see all the way across and there were no cars, I waited at the red light and I waited.  Still no cars and my patience was running thin.  I drove through it and found this marker right at the other end of the construction.
I had to then turn around and do it again to head back in the opposite direction to Odell.  I liked the little iron stagecoach someone added at this marker.
There was a lovely extra at the turn off for Diller.  It marks the Oregon Trail!!
The Diller Opera House.

Once again I did some adjusting of plans.  I headed to Fairbury, the farthest out of the day.  I am glad that I researched this one on google.  I had to go 4 miles down a road I would have probably missed.
It was a rewarding drive.  This is an amazing looking limestone house.  Wish I could have gone inside.

There was actually a Lime kiln here.  COOL!
Time to head back towards the big city.

Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt