The End of Round One!

After driving around Burchard, I came to another Burchard Cemetery and looked up a few more distant relatives.  Then it was on to Pawnee City.  There too, I stopped at the cemetery.  I found two Skidmores listed but never was able to find the actual graves. Crazy.
There is a fallout shelter in Pawnee City in the building located behind the historical marker...just in case anyone is worried.
After my great-grandma died, my great-grandpa sold the farm and moved to Pawnee City.
I found a quilt shop in Pawnee City. It is located in this old church.  I looked around a bit, but didn't find anything I couldn't live without :)
Next, twas on to Humboldt, NE.  Another sweet little small town with a fun square.
Moving onto bigger places, I headed to Auburn.  Doesn't Nemaha county have a beautiful courthouse!?
Then I headed to Talmage.  Not much there anymore, however I nearly got run over by a semi headed to the grain bins!
Next up was a scavenger hunt in Nebraska City.  This was to be my second attempt at getting the markers in Nebraska City.  What a maze it was to find them!  This one was the worst.  I didn't think I'd found the correct marker but I took a picture anyway.  Came home and looked it up to find that it is indeed what I needed!
This is the Mayhew Cabin.
This was the "easiest" spot to find in Nebraska City.  The rest left me with an unfavorable taste in my mouth. I was ready to leave, the streets and directions were CONFUSING!
Hehe, can you tell I was tired.  I don't think it helped that I woke up at 4:30am and was driving non stop all day :)
Finally found the Arbor Lodge.
I guess it was quasi-illegal...I don't have a park sticker on my car.  I went in anyway.
The last marker of this metropolis was on the edge of town.  Peace.
I almost missed this one too, but thanks to my research on google maps I found it along Hwy 2.
The day just got better and better even though I was super tired.  Not only did I actually find ALL the intended markers, my grandpa's farm and grave, but I was blessed to go to a free JJHeller concert that evening!  Woot, woot!
Mom, Brenna, Nicole (sweet friend who is jumping into homeschooling) and I went out for supper and then enjoyed worshiping together in this beautiful church with JJ.
Hehe, but that is only day 1!

Alisa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt