I finally have a finish to share!
I washed it and went straight outside to take pictures. This is what I got...thank you wind.
I had to get creative. First, I slapped it up against this hay bale and let the wind hold it there.
Then, I used the chain-link dog kennel. It suctioned it right on :)
Anyway, I received this project as finished blocks when I inherited some of my fabric. All but one of these blocks were done and there were pieces for a few more. I made one into a block and used the rest to piece the to half-square triangle ends and the pieced section on the back. I also found among the blocks her original plans for this quilt. How neat to know what she intended.
I did the quilting on my treadle machine, just some simple echo quilting along with stars in the blank squares.
At my mom's suggestion, I did the back in flannel. I found a plaid among my stash that matched the colors quite well, but didn't have enough.
The blue is actually the back of some aztec-looking print flannel. And then I had to make a block for the final spot in the corner.
It makes for a beautiful throw quilt and will be great as we go through some more cool, spring days here in Nebraska!