I've been exhausted this week and a bit extra busy. I didn't get a lot of sewing done. I did manage to quilt this block and turn it into a lovely, scrappy pillow.
It is a part of our local quilt guild's project. First we were to make a block, any block, any size. I found this lovely star block.
The second month we were instructed to add a border. I went with green.
The next month we were to add a pieced border. Mine is a little hard to see from straight on with the curves. I made little half-square triangles.
Our final assignment was to add some sort of embellishment. I don't much go in for embellishments but I do have some bright colored rick-rack. I added it to the center of my first border and called it good!
I started quilting in the center and went in an angular swirl to finish the inner square.
I stitched-in-the-ditch around the star points and then did more straight line, echo quilting in the background quadrants. I love it!
The bright colors don't really go with any of our furniture, but it sits cute and colorful in the rocker.