Fort Hartsuff Fun!

Our family spent a good part of Saturday at Fort Hartsuff.  They had reenactments going on throughout the day.
 There were soldiers in the barracks.

 I love the officer's housing.  I would move in if they'd let me.
 Ahh, a machine after my tastes.
 Aww, simpler times.  I think I was born in the wrong era.
 This is fun wallpaper.
 Hehe, crazy folks outside :)

 Warm yourself by the fire.
 The last time I saw this marker it was just leaning up against a building.  Now it is attached to unique wooden legs.
 Side-saddle anyone?

 Ladies were doing laundry!
 Another lovely machine.
 The bakery.


 The best part of the day was watching as the soldiers did their exercises.  They marched out and did some shooting.  Quinn and his friend Cora slipped off to the left across the field where the jail was located.  As the men shot, they would fall to the ground dramatically.  Over, and over and over again.  We were nearly wetting ourselves with laughter.
Fun times!

Alissa

Comments

  1. I stumbled across your Pictures of the fort, very nice. Im glad your family had a good time and thanks for coming out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt