This week I finished up a fun project for a sweet lady from church. She had some blocks that had been embroidered by her grandmother. They were simply sitting in a box where no one could enjoy them. So she asked me to put them together somehow.
It was a fun project and I loved working on it for her! The blocks are sweet little nursery rhymes!
My friend gave me complete free reign on what to do with them and what fabric colors to use.
This green daisy print looked a bit retro and matched so many of the greens in the thread.
I set these colored squares at each corner. First I tried them right side of the fabric up, but the fabrics were a bit too bright and harsh. So I took it apart and flipped them over. So those corners are all the wrong side of the fabric. The muted color worked so well!
I kept the quilting very simple, only stitching in the ditch. I didn't want to take away from the blocks and handiwork her grandmother had done.
It is a perfect wallhanging size.
I didn't quite have enough of the green for the backing, but this yellow floral complimented the green well.
The recipient was thrilled with the outcome and so am I!