From My Heart

The greatest cry of my heart is to know God, my creator, to follow hard after Christ, my Savior and to obey the Holy Spirit's leading.  I want to share His love and point others to his great salvation, to life. We all have eternity, either life or death and it starts right now.  But I fail...
My flesh gets in the way.  I leave me Bible and prayer time with determination and then I come into contact with people...and I fail.  Not by my strength, but by His alone can I do this.  It isn't easy and Satan points to my "failures" to get me down.  People make
e me so nervous in general.  Their lostness or choice to push their faith aside for this life break my heart.  I have high expectations of those who claim Christ, high expectations of myself.
 "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.  But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen."  I Timothy 1:15-17
 We all fail.  Christ is the only way for me to struggle through the joys and pains of my eternal life...which starts here on this earth, among sinners.  Don't take my word for it, open His Word.  God has given us a revelation of who He is and it is found in His Word, the Bible.

Just some thoughts from this past week.
Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt