I did not piece this quilt. I was simply commissioned to do the quilting.
It is a neat pattern though, I myself have never made a medallion style quilt.
You can't really make out the quilting on the front, there is a lot going on there. I used a sage green thread on top and it really blended well.
I thought about doing an all over floral-type design, but opted for something more along the lines of what I usually do. I guess I chickened out mostly :S Those all over quilting designs scare me a bit.
Instead, I decided to quilt the medallion churn dash and then do little ones in the small blocks all around it. I used a pepto-bismol pink on the back. It coordinated well and I will probably never use it on my own.
On the first outside border I did a bit of a curling ribbon pattern, although you have to know it is there to see it. I tried.
I went ahead and washed and dried it before passing it on, there were a few spots in the piecing that called for a small tuck here and there. You can't see them know, with its lovely washed wrinkliness :)
I used a green, leaf print for the binding.
Another fun finish! I hope it is enjoyed by its owner.