Finish It Up Friday...Purple Herringbone Throw

I was asked recently to make a purple, throw-sized quilt.  I agreed and then looked at the purples in my stash...hahaha I don't have much purple.
I had to do some fabric shopping!  Thanks to Connecting Threads I filled up and didn't break the bank.
Here she is, in all her purple glory!
I've been wanting to try out Maureen Cracknell's Herringbone, Quilt-As-You-Go pattern for awhile and this looked like a great opportunity.
It was a super quick quilt to make! I made a little pillow to go along with it since there were some left over strips.
I'm not the biggest fan of purple, hence the lack of it in my stash, but it turned out beautifully!
I used my favorite of the purple fabrics for the backing.  Isn't that fun!?

She asked for a foot pocket on the back.  I'd never done one, but it was pretty simply addition.  I did it in flannel to add some cuddly factor.
This quilt made it to its new home today!  I know it will be enjoyed :)

Alissa

Comments

  1. I like the way you mixed up the light and dark purples...monochromatic schemes can be tough, but the contrast make is work beautifully! I've never seen a foot pocket on a quilt before - it's genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty quilt and now I'm wondering why I never thought of a foot pocket. I'm forever kicking around my lap quilts to get them back over my feet - such a great solution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! This herringbone quilt as you go pattern is on my list of quilts to make. I'm glad to hear that you were able to make it quickly, I may be able to crank one out sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just noticed that you are from Nebraska, too. I'm following you now :)

      Delete
  4. What a great idea to add a foot pocket. Love the herringbone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! How did you make the foot pocket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I totally had to look! It has been awhile! I folded a piece of fabric the width of the quilt by twice the depth I wanted the pocket. Folded it down and then layered it in when I attached the binding.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt