Grandma's Quilt With a Big Roll Finish!!

Yay, I finished a quilt!
I bought this a charm pack several months ago on a whim.  As I looked at the colors and designs it made me think of my grandma.
I decided it was time to make a throw quilt for her.
 I had fun finding some fabrics of my own to throw in the mix in order to have enough squares for this disappearing nine-patch pattern.  That black and white polka dot really stands out, but it was actually a part of the pack!  The crazy border fabric was actually a square dancing skirt that grandma gave me to use the fabric.  I thought that it would be fitting to use it for her quilt.
 She is always cold and using a blanket.  I decided to back it with a minky fabric since it is heavier and oh, so soft!  It is red, although it looks a bit pink in this picture.
 I embroidered a little message in one corner for her.
 I also added a tag.  I've been meaning to make my own tags for a long time.  Last week I finally did it and managed to get 4 goods ones out of the sheet of 20 :S
 I quilted in the cream sections with just the top and batting so I wouldn't squish a lot of the minky pile.  Then I added the backing and did simple diagonal lines in a red cotton thread.
 I think she liked it :)!
I have used up most of my batting scraps and small pieces in several smaller projects lately.  I also have gotten tired of ordering the pre-cut battings.  I decided it was time to just get a roll!
 This massive box arrived last Friday and I'm excited to get to using it!  I went to order it and discovered it was half off and then I had a 15% off your total order coupon.  Hurray for bargains!
Alissa

Comments

  1. Love it! Not super fancy quilting but it looks so lovely from afar with the squares and diagonals

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt