Camp Prayers


I'm going to Bible camp on Monday...I'm uber nervous.  I went to camp as a kid just a few times.  It isn't my favorite memory.  But, I'm going to Homeward Trail Bible Camp for time with K-3rd graders.
I went to the staff training weekend and I think I was more nervous for that event.  I don't like going into situations when I don't know what to expect.  I was always a shy child and that reserved, introverted little person is still inside of me.  Those who have known me in the moments and places that I feel comfortable often doubt that I was ever "shy."  I've learned to push through and I do best when I know what I'm doing or how things should go.  That being said, being a dorm leader at camp, surrounded by teens and adults I don't really know scares me.
Kids are wonderful and I am not really worried about that part of the experience.  I want to be the Lord's vessel.  I want to point them to Christ.  I want to be the best dorm leader, but I don't know what that even means :)!  So, friends, will you pray for me in the next few days.  Pray that I would rest in the Savior's strength, boldness and peace.  Pray for these young ones who will hear God's grace proclaimed.  Thank you in advance.  This is me...being me, bravely!

1 John 4:18New Century Version (NCV)

18 Where God’s love is, there is no fear, because God’s perfect love drives out fear. It is punishment that makes a person fear, so love is not made perfect in the person who fears.
Psalm 27:1-3
The Lord is my light and the one who saves me.
    So why should I fear anyone?
The Lord protects my life.
    So why should I be afraid?
Evil people may try to destroy my body.
    My enemies and those who hate me attack me,
but they are overwhelmed and defeated.
If an army surrounds me,
    I will not be afraid.
If war breaks out,
    I will trust the Lord.

Romans 8:15New Century Version (NCV)

15 The Spirit we received does not make us slaves again to fear; it makes us children of God. With that Spirit we cry out, “Father.”[a]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt