Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro...A Week of Fun.

Our church had VBS last week.
We used the Answers In Genesis curriculum to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro!
It was an epic expedition in the book of Proverbs :)
 I taught these little precious ones, the 4 year olds through K.  Man did them have energy.  Most of our time was just organized chaos :)
 I was a bit down after the first night, thinking there was no way I was getting any truth to their ears let alone their hearts.  But, the second night they rattled off things I had told them and thought no one heard.  God is good and kids are awesome!
 I did cut down on the amount of time that I would make them sit and just listen to me.  I pulled out the life-saving blocks and we built things more than one night.
 They are so creative.
 I reviewed the Gospel Fuzzy song I taught them too, with the colors of the blocks.  I think they thought I was crazy, but they learned it!
 I was also involved in the skit each night of VBS.  Our cast was great and we did pretty good learning our lines amidst the craziness of summer.  Sarah, the lovely girl in pink was my class helper.  She was so good with the kids!
 The last night I painted their faces...hehe, that was an experience :)  Then at our little VBS program they shared one of our verses and sang the Gospel Fuzzy song.
 It was a long and tiring week, but worth it!
And take a look at Proverbs...GOOD STUFF!
Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt