Friday, October 09, 2015

Finish It Up Friday...T-Shirts and Memories.

Making a quilt for one person often snowballs into making quilts for other people.  Word of mouth, that is all it takes sometimes!
I made a quilt for a gal I went to school with long ago.
She teaches with someone who had a quilting "need."
 This gal's brother was killed in an accident and they wanted to use his t-shirts to create a memorable gift for family.  She needs 9 quilts.  These are the first 2 done.
 I really don't mind t-shirt quilts.  I've heard several people lament that people ask them to make those for them.  I use a Pellon interfacing specifically for knits that still has drape.
 I know these quilts will be loved!
I've finished one more and have nearly half of another quilted.
Alissa

7 comments:

  1. How nice of you to take care of these folks! The quilts look very nice, I like the darker background. My niece just contacted me to see if I might make her a tshirt quilt...so I may have to get all the hot tips from you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do my best if you need any help :)

      Delete
  2. Tee shirt quilts fill a real need when someone has passed away. Good on you for doing this for the family, it certainly is a big job to make nine quilts.

    Jenny from New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of getting into a rhythm with them now :)

      Delete
    2. I'm kind of getting into a rhythm with them now :)

      Delete
  3. How lovely of you to make 9 quilts for the family! It is a lovely idea to make quilts from his t-shirts for memories. I really like how these 2 have turned out, nice and cosy looking! Popping in from Crazy Mom Quilts as part of my blog comment challenge - 300 in 30days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a huge fan of making t-shirt quilts (part of what I love about quilting is the FABRIC...) but gosh, I am a huge fan of loving on people with sewing! Great job on this. I am so sorry for your friend's loss, and so thankful that you are able to bring her and her family some comfort (for years to come!) with your gift.
    Blessings ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete