WIP Wednesday...Snapshots Quilt Along, But First Beatrice ;)

My siblings had a basketball tournament in Beatrice a few weeks ago.  It was an overnight deal and I got go along.  My mom spent here middle school years in Beatrice so we had fun hearing and seeing about that season of her life.
This is where her middle school used to stand.
 And the kids played in the auditorium where she played in her recitals!

 I knitted and chilled with these kiddos while we watched :)

 Before they played on Saturday a bunch of the girls went to this lovely museum!  The owner came and did a presentation at the library and so we thought we would go see it since we were in town.  It is a fashion museum!

 Such a neat building, soooo many neat articles of clothing through history!

 I love this dress! It is an Aksarben ballgown from the 60's.  The beadwork is amazing and the back of the skirt is the aqua color, very groovy.


 I spy an Anne of Green Gables era dress :)

 In between games, Kenna and I hit up the thrift store in town.  I had been struggling to find some fabric in my stash to use as sashing in my Snapshots quilt along quilt. And low and behold I found a sheet that worked perfectly!  Isn't this blue fabric adorable?!
 I wasted no time in getting it sashed up ;)
Now I just need to finish the pieced backing.
Hehe, our dogs are so funny.  They think that anything laid out on the floor is for them...just watch.
 Here comes the first one!

 And the second one!
Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt