Friday, April 01, 2016

Finish It Up Friday...One Of Those Unplanned Projects.

So I totally thought that I didn't have a finish this week!  I was bummed that I wouldn't have anything to share.  Silly me!
I shared a "lesson" at our local quilt guild this week.
And I spent most of Monday finishing this baby quilt up for that "lesson."
 You saw my Strawberry Fields project that I am working on currently.  Well, this used up the scraps from that project.  Go me!  I cut all of the rectangles from fat quarters and had these strips left over.  Couldn't throw out the coordinating cuteness.
 I used a variation of this method, which is what I shared at quilt guild, to create the panel/blocks.  I simply ironed the strips onto a piece of interfacing to hold them in place and then folded and sewed each seam.
 I wanted to have a finished product of this method to show how it doesn't really overly bulk your project by having the interfacing in there.
I tried a few different things for the quilting but settled on this wonky/organic echoing.
 Random coral colored fabric in my stash for the backing.
 Here is my sample block of the Stamp Collection block using the interfacing method.  I have four of them now.  Not sure if it will turn into something bigger or not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment