The Closing of a Runza Chapter.

I have been working at the same job for 7 years now.  It has had its ups and downs, but for the most part I've loved it.  When I started I was mortified to be working in the fast food industry.  I'd always said that is one job I would never do... Needless to say, I cried every night the first week of work.  So silly, but sometimes that is what pride does.  
God knew what I needed and I am so thankful!
I have worked with so many different people, they come and go more quickly in the restaurant world.  I can honestly say that I would have no reason to meet or know most of those people if it hadn't been for this job.  What a blessing it has been to get to know great customers and employees.  Even the not so fun ones have taught me things ;)  
Maybe I'm just a sentimental fool, but it is hard to move on to the next job chapter in my life.  Not that I'm not looking forward to the new job and new people, but I will miss the ones I've grown accustomed to in this one.
I've worked more night shifts over the last several months.  That means lots of time with the younger employees.  It has been so much fun getting to know them and see their personalities shine.  So many young people have worked here and gone since I started.  I pray that I have had some positive influence in their lives.  I want them to know Christ and seek his plan for their lives.  Each year as we shipped some off for college, a new job, etc was hard.  I realize that the ones there now are leaving soon too, but oh how I will miss them.  
Not gonna lie, I am one who wants male affirmation.  As a single woman, these silly teenage boys are so fun, encouraging and they make me feel loved.  They are a bunch of goobers too!
I have also worked with so many outstanding adults, my bosses included.  I can't even express in words how hard it is to say goodbye to some of them.  They have been my friends and will continue to be such.  I am so thankful that God has placed them in my path.  So many customers that I will miss too, who I honestly have no real relationship with, but it makes me sad knowing I'll probably not see them again really.
Anywho, when I got to work yesterday they had a gathering for me.  I was expecting something maybe tonight since it is my last shift, but no.  I don't like being the center of attention and I'm obviously a bit emotional, so it was hard.  Hard because I have so many words to say what they all mean to me, but blubbering at the beginning of my shift didn't sound like a good idea :)  There was cake, hugs and these beautiful flowers.

Not sure how to say thank you the best, but written/typed words are easier for me to express.  Hehe, I'm so silly.  I am only moving to a job a few blocks away and I have more than one way to get in touch with all these people.  Here is to new adventures!!






Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt