Finish It Up Friday...Dancing Garland Wall hanging

It is once again time to share my project I had for our local quilt guild.
This month is a project for December.  I chose this Dancing Garland Wall hanging.
 I was able to once again use this method to place all my little squares in the proper order.  It helped...but I still messed up a few.  The process makes it go faster though. You iron your squares onto fusible interfacing first and then sew each row.
 I did a little free motion quilting through the garland.  Several members of guild mentioned how you could embellish this wall hanging!
 I kept it simple with just quilting, but you could add buttons for ornaments, metallic thread for glitter, even lights!
 A fun finish and now I have another Christmas decoration for my little house :)
Alissa

Comments

  1. Aw, this came out so great! And I love your old Singer sewing machine, is it a 66? Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE my treadle and 99.9% of my sewing/quilting on it! It is a 66 :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I love the garland, really makes the tree pop! Hooray for finished Christmas projects, I need to get going on mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being the project leader for quilt guild this year is getting all sorts of projects I'd never get done...DONE! I am thinking now that I should have done a tree skirt as the Christmas project...since I'll need one now :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt