Finish It Up Friday...Seasonal Projects Will Do

I have several finishes to share!  I couldn't share any of these until they had been shared else where :)
First, is one of my quilt guild project leader projects.  This is my seasonal project to be used in February!
Hearts really aren't my thing in quilting, but I kind of like how it turned out.  It is a really cute free pattern from Cluck, Cluck, Sew!
  For my March project I wanted something Celtic.  I found a free McCall's Quilting Celtic twist block.  I decided four of those blocks would make a nice wall hanging!
 The piecing went really quickly.  Putting the four blocks together really changed the focal point that I thought I would have seen.
 I wasn't in love with the fabrics and so I tried adding some "love" to this project through the quilting.  I added some Celtic knot type things in the center of each ring.
 I did all of those in a green thread and it just felt flat.  So I found a gold thread and did some more quilting in the centers of the knots and around each ring.  I think the color it added started to make it grow on me.


 The thing that made it pop at the end was the gold flange I added around the edge with the binding.  It just added enough contrast to make me like it!  Yay!
 I did make two other things last year that I never shared.  Pillows!  These were Christmas gifts for my aunt and cousin. 
 I asked them both about the other's color preferences in certain rooms and then got crackin'...only a few days before Christmas :S  Sometimes inspiration hits late in the game!
I like how they turned out and hope they do too!

Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt