"Do not fret."

I am a fretter, I am a doer, a fixer.  When there is a problem or a situation that needs to change, I want to DO something to fix it.  I don't just sit well.  I try to be still...but I want the knowing God part of that verse to come quickly.
I recently was in a relationship with a wonderful man. It ended, kind of, not really at the desire of either of us.  There are so many elements to a relationship.  Anyway, I'm now left with a heavy heart and a time of waiting on the Lord...
"It sounds so easy to talk about "resting in the Lord" and "waiting patiently for Him," until the nest is upset--until we live, as many are doing, in tumult and anguish; is it possible to rest in the Lord?....
Resting in the Lord does not depend on external circumstances at all, but on your relationship to God Himself...
Fretting springs from a determination to get our own way.  Our Lord never worried and He was never anxious, because he was not "out" to realize His own ideas; He was "out" to realize God's ideas.  Fretting is wicked if you are a Child of God...
All our fret and worry is caused by calculating without God."  ---Oswald Chambers

"Do not fret because of evil doers,
Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity;
For they shall soon be cut down like the grass,
And wither as the green herb.

Trust in the LORD, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on his faithfulness.
Delight yourself also in the LORD,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret--it only causes harm.

For evildoers shall be cut off;
But those who wait on the LORD,
They shall inherit the earth.
For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more;
Indeed, you will look carefully for his place,
But it shall be no more.
But the meek shall inherit the earth,
And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.   --Psalm 37:1-11

Praying and resting, letting go and laying it in His hands.  I want more than the status quo, I want more and I seek more.  I will delight in the land and feed on His faithfulness.

Alissa

Comments

  1. You are a wise young woman, Alissa. I'm so sorry for your hurt. I found this song yesterday, and have been playing it over and over again. Still, by Hillary Scott. I suspect maybe it will be a comfort to you, too.

    hugs, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracy! That song was just what I needed this morning :) Brought tears to my eyes. It is so hard to hand over the "controls" sometimes...so silly since we never actually have much, but think we have the "right" to have them. Hugs back at ya! Alissa

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt