Let's Be Social...So Much Life!

Well, hello my bloggy friends!
Aren't these sunflowers or noxious weeds however you look at, wonderful?!

 I took a drive to the northwest part of the state and loved seeing all the yellow.
My friends there loaded me down with yummy produce!
 It was way too much for just me to eat so I tried my hand at salsa. I had a recipe but just decided to throw in all that I had. It turned out pretty hot, but yummy!
 Someone mentioned the other day that I haven't gotten after pictures posted of my house and it is true. Perhaps soon, now that after is practically done!!
I needed to create a drain spot to help water go away from the house. I decided to cut out a spot of the railroad tie to do so.  I however was too impatient to wait for my dad and his chainsaw. The handsaw helped some but it was mostly my screwdriver and hammer that got it done!

My little sister came and hung out with me over Labor day. She wanted to learn how to cut her own hair so we both got a cut since I am a teach by showing kind of person!

Hey look, something quilty!!
A friend requested a map quilt for her little guy. So good to be back at my machine more. I had fun picking out all the fabrics for each state!

I tried to pick some fun textures too!

I only accidentally left off California once and Louisiana too, oops!

I haven't been around my blog a lot lately so I thought I would be social! Linking up with Lorna's Let's Be Social!!

Comments

  1. Yay for sunflowers!!!! My mouth started watering at the salsa photo!!! I think I have some catching up to do! Great to see ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always read the comments that people leave and then I forget to respond and think I did. Sorry I forgot! Thank you aren't the sunflowers lovely! Good to see you too!

      Delete
    2. I always read the comments that people leave and then I forget to respond and think I did. Sorry I forgot! Thank you aren't the sunflowers lovely! Good to see you too!

      Delete
  2. I love maps and this quilt is awesome! Is it fusible applique? I always forget about the wild sunflowers, I need to get out of town and go for a little drive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen! Gosh I need to respond to my comments better don't I?! Yes I did do fusible applique I zigzagged around each state line connecting the two but didn't feel like it would hold it together enough for a child quilt so then I went around the inside of each state a little less than 1/4 of an inch. I don't do much applique but this was kind of fun! Hooray for sunflowers and the color they bring!

      Delete
    2. Hey Jen! Gosh I need to respond to my comments better don't I?! Yes I did do fusible applique I zigzagged around each state line connecting the two but didn't feel like it would hold it together enough for a child quilt so then I went around the inside of each state a little less than 1/4 of an inch. I don't do much applique but this was kind of fun! Hooray for sunflowers and the color they bring!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt