Finish it up Friday...Barn Raising DONE!

I finished my parent's log cabin quilt!!
I took it to their house, laid it out on their bed and then took it back home with me.
Our local quilt guild put on a quilt show and as it was my latest finish I put it in the show.
I was featured in the local paper for my treadle sewing/quilting in conjunction with advertising for the quilt show.  It was fun to share with a captive audience about my sewing habit ;)
One of the quilt guild members brought an old treadle as decoration for the show.  It was quite appropriate displayed along side my treadle pieced and quilted quilts!
I went very simple with the quilting.  Mom didn't want any flowery stuff anyway.  I did stair steps around each of the stripes.
Looks pretty good on their bed I must say!
A treat to make and a treat to share!

Alissa

Comments

  1. What a pretty quilt. And very cool that you were featured in the paper! I am amazed that you do all that on a treadle machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Log cabins are my favorite block.Your quilt is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the nicest log cabin quilts I have seen. Extra lovely with the treadle sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an absolute masterpiece! Well done!!! And how fun to then be able to show it off in the quilt show! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

I'm Still Here!! Kim's Quilt