Back In The Saddle, Card Trick Quilt!


Hello, blogging world! Anyone still out there! It would appear that my summer was overly busy or I didn't finish any projects but neither are a good reason for never posting!
I have actually saved pictures of projects as draft posts and they are adding up, maybe I should start sharing!!
We'll start with is card trick block quilt! A friend bought these blocks at a family reunion auction I believe! She had purchased sashing, backing and the  batting hoping to finish the top herself.  It just didn't work out so she's asked me to help!

I auditioned the blocks with both fabrics she had purchased,  it was hard to decide between the solid blue and the printer but I ended up going with the ! It seemed to create a little more interest.

It was so fun to enjoy the vintage fabrics in each block as I worked! Sorry many different colors and patterns. 

I have worked with other old blocks before and had trouble because they were not longer very square, but these were in good condition.

I started out doing a bit of a complex quilting pattern but it wasn't working out so I unpickef it (I despise redoing things...) and tried something simpler. It was a good choice as this was a higher loft batting.
I added a second border to kind of pulling the printer fabric together with the blue.
Such a neat, bright quilt!!


She chose a simple cream fabric for the backing, keeping it simple. 

It came out in the queen size.
I enjoyed putting this together!
I have several more projects to share. My garden and yard have been keeping me a little busier I guess. Feels good to have the house projects done so I can focus on a different area!
Happy Wednesday!!
Alissa 

Comments

  1. Hi Alissa! This quilt turned out great, so fun and colorful! I'm happy to see you posted. I'm catching up on blogging, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt