Finish It Up Friday...On Point Batik Baby

How fun it is to actually pick your project and do something simply because you want to and just for fun! I made this batik quilt for a good friend a few years back. I cut up some of the scraps into 2-inch squares...there I go again! Still had some 16 patch blocks I made out of those squares just sitting around in my sewing room.
I decided to square them up and make something out of them! Such pretty fun scraps that came off of them!
I found a fun green linen fabric in my stash and decided to set them all on point and make a baby blanket! No one in mind just a fun baby blanket.


The hard part was done and it came together really quickly! As you can see in the bottom of that last picture I enjoyed some chips and salsa and watched Rawhide while I made this one!
It was still on the small side and just needed a little something! So I went ahead and added a thin white border.
And then I added another green border!
I still haven't mastered the all over quilting patterns! I'm a little chicken... I just went ahead and did a straight crosshatch on the diagonal of the blocks. It turned out really nice. I call it organic because I didn't measure and so my inches are probably off in lots of places! I like to eyeball though.
So hard to get a picture of that color of green with the lighting in my house! Most of these pictures were taken in the evening it's just hard to get it right. I used a leftover pink batik for The Binding.
The backing is a fun flannel I had in my stash, little bugs with a mint green running through it that coordinated pretty well. Nice and fuzzy!
Found a sunny day to take it outside and get a better picture of the color and the quilting really shows up in this one!
 This little baby comes in at almost 40 in square exactly! Not sure if I'll try to sell it or find someone to gift it to! Time will tell!
Happy Friday!

Alissa

Comments

  1. Your quilt is beautiful! Remember with Jesus your never alone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt